History

HistoryFounded in 1939 by Albert L. Evans, Sr. the company started with two trucks handling LTL freight in the local Pottsville area. The company continued to grow in the regional LTL market and gradually expand operations to Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Maryland.

In 1973 the company established Intermodal services to serve Steamship lines in the port of Philadelphia. This Intermodal operation now serves steamship lines and railroads in every major port on the east coast as well as a number of inland ports.

In 1989 the company sold its LTL operations and continued expansion in the Intermodal and truckload markets.

Today, Evans Delivery Company operates more than 1,300 tractors through it’s network of strategically located terminal facilities and provides

transportation

 services in the

Intermodal

,

Truckload

 and

Flatbed

 markets.